Thursday, April 5, 2012

Diaper Bag Evolution

I have had only a few diaper bags so far as I didn't want to be one of those moms who changed diaper bags every so often. My first diaper bag was actually a gift from my officemates, a Skip Hop Duo Diaper Bag which was on my baby gift registry.


I loved this bag as it had easy access pockets so you didn't have to rummage in the bag to get bottles or milk powder or wipes. The color was also quite neutral so even my husband could carry it and not think it was too girly.

I received a diaper bag as well from another set of officemates (yes, I had generous officemates). It was a Fleurville Diaper Bag, but as it was much smaller than the Skip Hop bag, so we only used it for those rare occasions when we would step out of the house for short errands and didn't need a whole arsenal of baby stuff.


Last year, I gave birth to my second daughter and for awhile we were using separate diaper bags for the two children. But then it seemed a bit bulky to be carrying too many bags when we could pare down and just have one big carry-all.

It was at this point that I started looking at totes and fell in love with the DwellStudio Madison Diaper Bag. It would be the first diaper bag we would buy ourselves, but at SGD150 retail price, it was a bit expensive. So I started to look for the bag on eBay. I was looking for the Transportation design but eventually ended up with the Baby Dots Chocolate design, which was a steal at USD50. And quite spacious too since it contains all our to-go baby essentials which include: 2 hats, 1 sunglass, 2 sets of clothes, 2 sets of diapers, wipes, changing pad, nappy cream, biscuits, water bottle, milk bottles and milk powder, bibs, umbrella, baby sling, toys and books.
  

I would never have looked at another diaper bag again. Except that I was browsing through baby items at the Boutiques at Fort Canning yesterday and found this.

The Tribe Singapore Sling bag. I like that it is quite roomy, has tons of zippered compartments and comes with removable nylon pouches for miscellaneous baby stuff. You also don't have to worry about your stuff being out there for all the world to see since everything is zipped up and tucked away. Best of all, the leather is so yummy and the cognac color so lovely I would love to carry it even as a regular bag. At SGD649 though, this is more of a want rather than a need. Chalk another one up for the wish list.



For information on the tribe bags, go to www.tribebags.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment